Home game to start
The DFL have released the fixtures for the 2020-21 campaign. 1. FC Köln will begin the new season with a home game against TSG Hoffenheim. On Matchday 3, FC welcome Gladbach to Köln in the first derby of the season.
Justin Diehl extends until 2023
Youth academy talent, Justin Diehl has signed a long-term deal until 2023 with 1. FC Köln.
Tomas Ostrak loaned out
1. FC Köln loan out Tomas Ostrak for a further year. The midfielder will play for MFK Karvina next season.
Kingsley Schindler loaned to Hannover
The next transfer at FC has been confirmed: Kingsley Schindler will play on loan for Hannover 96 in the coming season.
FC Frauen extend with five players
1. FC Köln Frauen have extended the contracts of five players. Francesca Calò, Sabrina Horvat, Amber Barrett, Sonja Giraud and Johanna Tietge will also head into 2. Frauen-Bundesliga with the club.
Changes to the backroom staff
1. FC Köln have made some changes to the backroom staff around the first-team. Sport psychologist, Moritz Anderten will join Markus Gisdol’s staff for next season. Christian Osebold will take over as head of Physiotherapy, with Matti Forkel joining as a physio.
FC extend with Markus Gisdol
FC head coach, Markus Gisdol and assistant coach, Frank Kaspari have extended their contracts at 1. FC Köln until 2023.
Long-term deal for Jens Castrop
1. FC Köln have extended with academy talent, Jens Castrop for the long-term. The midfielder has signed a deal until 2023.
U19 to play UEFA Youth League
1. FC Köln’s under-19s will play in their first-ever UEFA Youth League campaign next season. The DFB made the draw for the qualification spot on Monday.